Friday, December 11, 2015

Downtown Christmas

I studied for my B.A. in journalism at Point Park University, right in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh. Every day I'd eat lunch in Market Square, and I knew winter was coming when they put up the giant Christmas tree in the middle of the skating rink, just like I knew spring was well on its way whenever I'd see crews taking the rink down.






I have a soft spot for the place, and so every holiday season I go back to Market Square to see the tree and all the other holiday goodies available. There's a lovely arts market set up to mimic quaint German shops in Market Square, and Wintergarden at PPG Place showcases hundreds of gingerbread houses, an incredibly tall tree of its own, and stories of Santa from around the world.

Be sure to check it out--and don't miss out on the chance to skate around that tree!












Photos and text by Faith Cotter

No comments:

Post a Comment